Welcome to HackMD’s Markdown Memo. 👋
We’re kicking off 2024 launching a newsletter aimed to give you an insider pass to HackMD and the magic of markdown. You’ll learn about new product features, the best ways to harness the platform, industry news, and more.
Here’s what you can expect:
🌟 Visionary voices: Highlights from the brilliant minds and inspiring projects of our community.
📄 Product updates: Deep dives into our latest updates, feature releases, and company happenings.
🖋️ From the blog: Expert tips, tricks, and best practices to elevate your productivity, straight from the HackMD blog.
📰 Industry trends: Debriefs of trends and happenings; stay ahead of the curve with curated industry news.
Whether you’re a seasoned developer or new to markdown, you’ll find valuable insights in the Markdown Memo.
So let’s jump in!
- Vitalik Buterin, Co-founder of Ethereum on the benefits and challenges of enshrined ZK-EVMs at layer 1.
- Eli Ben-Sasson, Co-founder, President, and Chairman of the StarWare board on Starknet’s Vision proposal (expanded version coming soon).
- Patrick O’Grady, VP of Engineering at Ava Labs on The Path to 100k Subnets.
Over the past few months, HackMD has released a series of updates aimed to enhance your commenting and overall product experience.
These updates give you the visibility and control needed to collaborate with ease.
And we couldn’t have done it without you. 💜 Your feedback helped to grow and shape the product you now interact with every day. Thank you!
With the GitHub integration on HackMD you can keep all your documentation and project work in sync.
To get started, you’ll need to install, connect, and authorize the HackMD GitHub app on your GitHub account. After that, you’re set to start syncing!
- Push a note to or pull a file from GitHub
- Maintain your synced notes
- Add a badge to your notes to bring your community into the conversation
It’s now all possible.
Whether you’re a seasoned developer or just starting in the field, crafting a comprehensive README is pivotal for any project’s success.
It acts as a beacon for users and collaborators, offering insights into project functionalities, usage, and structure.
But sometimes it’s difficult to know exactly what you should add to your README.
We broke down the essential components, best practices, and step-by-step strategies for creating READMEs that truly stand out.
Two years ago, we explored the age-old dilemma facing businesses today: cloud vs on-premises knowledge sharing solutions.
Recently, we dove back into this topic to revisit:
- The pros and cons of each approach
- Cost considerations
- Security implications
- The efficiencies gained
Whether you’re considering the flexibility of the cloud, the control of on-premises solutions, or simply looking to learn more, this blog is your essential guide to making informed decisions for your organization.
2024 is off to the races and only time will tell what trends will define this new year. But here are a few predictions from folks around the space…
- GenAI will improve software development lifecycle productivity by 15% - 20%.
- A new bitcoin all-time high will be reached and the spot bitcoin ETF approval will be made official (✅).
- A renewed focus on zero trust models.
- The completion of critical WebAssembly (Wasm) standards.
- The next generation of AAA quality web3 games.
- Human skills will be essential for the uptake of AI.
- Progress in use of modern development langauges like Rust.
- TypeScript and React will be the de-facto standard way of building front-end.
And that’s a wrap on the first HackMD Markdown Memo!
We can’t wait to see what you create, The HackMD Team